Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin #1) by G.A. Aiken Review

Dragon Actually - G.A. Aiken

This is a book that I've seen a lot and I always thought about, but always picked up something else instead. I then started listening to Shelly Laurenston and loved her. I was then informed that these two authors were one in the same, that gave me the push I needed to get me into reading this book.

This book is about a warrior chick who has spent her entire life battling her brother. Once their father dies, the battling becomes war. She gets quite a following of other soldiers from other areas who would like to see her brother dethroned as much as she does.

She runs into a dragon, Lorcan, who saves her when injured in battle. He then has his sister heal her and help care for her. The relationship between Annwyl and the dragon is fun to watch.

This book doesn't have nearly as much humor as the Shelly books, but it was still good. This seems to be more slow building romance between warriors. There is much more battling and strategy in this book, than the more fun-loving animal shifters she writes in the other pen name. I enjoyed both, just for different reasons.