A Lick of Frost (Merry Gentry, Book 6) by Laurell K. Hamilton

A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, Book 6) - Laurell K. Hamilton

This is yet another re-listen for me.  In this book, we have a lot that happens to Merry, both good and bad.  As you can tell from the title, Frost is a key component in all of this. He is not my favorite of Merry's men.  If you haven't read this series, but are familiar with the Anita Blake series, think Asher.  Frost pouts, a lot.  He is no different in this book.  As his name suggests, he uses his coldness as his shield.  He does go into a very heartwarming story about his past, which tells Merry.  He was not born Sidhe, but was made by the god when he prayed to help a girl that he loved.

Taranis has a huge role in this book as well.  The story starts off in a lawyer's office where Taranis has filed a lawsuit against three of Merry's guard for raping one of the noble's of his court.  He goes crazy at one point and attacks and is dragged off by his own guard.  It seems like this is the last we see of him, but it isn't.  He still isn't done trying to find some way to seduce Merry to coming to his court, though no one can figure out why.

While there are many things that should be making Merry happy in this book, I think the thinks that are not out weigh those by a lot.  She is definitely not getting the fairy princess lifestyle that is taught in Disney movies.  If she is lucky, she might still get what the brothers Grimm promise, we will see.