A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton Audio Review

A Kiss of Shadows - Laurell K. Hamilton

This is a re-read and re-listen for me. I've loved this series since I first started with it years ago. I love the characters and all their different personalities. I have a tendency to enjoy books with lots of likable secondary characters and Ms. Hamilton's books are full of them.

I really like the back story that comes with each of these characters. They each have their own issues and their own personalities. Some of those things I love, and some get on my nerves. But as with real people, it is all of these things that make them all great.

As for the narration, Laural Merlington does a great job. There are many characters in this book and only more to come. She does a great job keeping the voices separate and distinct. The maliciousness that she puts into Queen Andais's voice is perfect. She does mispronounce Doyle's name in this book, though I believe it is fixed in later books. She pronounces it as it is spelled, not as it is intended in the glossary of the book. Still overall, I love the narration.