Review: No Ifs, Ands, or Bears About It (Grayslake #1) by Celia Kyle

By Celia Kyle No Ifs, Ands, or Bears About It: Paranormal BBW Romance (Grayslake) (Volume 1) [Paperback] - Celia Kyle

Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

Snarky ebook paranormal

This is a very cute shifter book. I’ve been on a bear shifter kick lately, so when I saw some reviews for this book, I just had to try it. I’m really glad that I did. This is the first time that I’ve read Celia Kyle. I will say that it won’t be the last.

This book starts off with Mia moving into her grandfather’s house. She is a quarter werebear, but never shifted. She has been raised by shifters her whole life. She finds a cub hiding in the pantry who is terrified. She quickly becomes a overprotective mama bear. Then with the cub’s abusive, drunk uncle comes to claim him, she goes off on him.

Ty is the alpha and a cop of Graylake. When he comes to help resolve the issue of the cub, he quickly realizes that he has quite a quandary on his hands. The woman is his mate and she won’t give up the cub to his rightful guardian. As alpha, he can keep the cub for a while, while they investigate what is going on.

I found this story to be fun, funny and adorable with the cub. I really enjoyed the character that we meet. I want to learn a lot more about the other werebears of Graylake. There is a bit of mystery, trying to figure out what is going on with the cub’s family and his parent’s death. If you are looking for a book with a protective, plus-sized woman heroine and an alpha male, this is a great book. I will mention that there is some mention of child abuse from the uncle, so a warning about that. I really look forward to the rest of this series.

Grayslake Series

Melanie Signature

Source: http://rabidreads.ca/2015/08/review-no-ifs-ands-or-bears-about-it-by-celia-kyle-mlsimmons-celiakyle.html