My goal is to fit back into my old jeans (down one or two sizes depending on the jeans) before RT15. While my goal isn't weight related per se, I'm thinking I will need to get to 160 pounds to fit into my old jeans. I'm at 178.1 as of 12/31/14. I will be tracking my calories and my steps (10,000 steps/day except one or two rest days per week). I'm also adding in some ab exercises, since that is where I carry most of my excess weight.
I track my steps using a FitBit. If you have a FitBit and want to be friends, here is my profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/28YSVY.
1/9/15 - I've been sick this week. I've had a cold with nasal congestion which made jogging a no go, but I've been able to keep up with walking and the ab exercises. I've also lost 2 pounds. Don't know if that is because being sick or the exercises.
1/23/15 - I thought my sickness was getting better, but then it didn't. So, I finally went to the doctor and found out that I had a sinus infection, for which they proscribed antibiotics. I had the worse reaction of my life. I took them starting on Friday and kept taking them because I thought it was just side effects, but on Monday it was something much worse. I thought I had the flu, I felt so bad. So, I called the doc and he called me in a different antibiotic. Well, I had a pretty normal allergic reaction, rash, etc. So now, I'm getting that out of my system. Good news is that the sinus infection is cleared up. I just need to get all the crap out of my system from the antibiotics. I hate antibiotics. This isn't the first time this has happened to me. Ugh.
1/30/15 - I think I'm finally getting healthy again. I'm planning to start picking my steps back up again and to start back with ab exercises, though I'm going to look at a different 30 day ab challenge. I've seen a few other FitReaders using different ones I think some of the others look more well rounded, so I'm going to try them since I have to start over anyway.
January Month-to-Date Totals
193,158 steps for an average of 6,230 steps/day.
- 2,808 steps
- 11,651 steps, 15 sit-ups, 5 crunches, 5 leg raises, 10 sec. plank
- 10,248 steps, 15 sit-ups, 5 crunches, 5 leg raises, 10 sec. plank
- 11,124 steps, 20 sit-ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg raises, 12 sec. plank
- 11,635 steps, ab rest day
- 10,104 steps, 20 sit-ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg raises, 12 sec. plank
- 10,119 steps, 25 sit-ups, 10 crunches, 10 leg raises, 15 sec. plank
- 4,201 steps, 25 sit-ups, 10 crunches, 10 leg raises, 15 sec. plank
- 10,075 steps, ab rest day
- 4,847 steps, 30 sit-ups, 12 crunches, 12 leg raises, 20 sec. plank
- 8,456 steps, 30 sit-ups, 12 crunches, 12 leg raises, 20 sec. plank
- 13,327 steps, 35 sit-ups, 15 crunches, 15 leg raises, 25 sec. plank
- 4,548 steps, ab rest day
- 11,245 steps, 35 sit-ups, 15 crunches, 15 leg raises, 25 sec. plank
- 5,754 steps
- 4,641 steps
- 1,160 steps
- 1,198 steps
- 1,600 steps
- 1,868 steps
- 5,204 steps
- 3,651 steps
- 4,134 steps
- 1,478 steps
- 3,526 steps
- 4,869 steps
- 5,749 steps
- 7,889 steps
- 4,279 steps
- 6,423 steps